Why Do I Need to Power-Cycle?
In the event of network errors or connectivity issues, it is often the best course of action to perform a power-cycle on your device.
Power-cycling essentially resets both the hardware and software performance of your device, resulting in improved reporting, monitoring, and connectivity.
- Mobile-200 Series (200 / 200i / 200g)
- Pocket Tracker (Micro-430 & 431)
How to Power-Cycle Your Device
- Connect the charger and allow the device to charge at least 12 hours before using or testing it.
- After this time, check the device to confirm the red LED light blinks intermittently, then disconnect the charger.
- Hold down the power/SOS button and do not release it until blue, green, and red LEDs appear and begin to blink simultaneously.
- Wait 2-3 minutes for the device to boot up, then double-tap the power/SOS button to verify the LEDs flash temporarily, then disappear; this indicates the device has successfully booted up.
- Place your device somewhere it can receive a clear view of the sky and leave it to update the settings and push a location report.
- Wait at least 15 minutes, then pull up the device map by logging in from your smartphone app or our interactive web app.
- If the pin-dropper is blue or green (it will only be green if a geofence has been set up), the device is online with an active network connection, and it can now be deployed.
If your device does not connect for any reason, confirm it was not mistakenly turned off by double-tapping the power (SOS) button and verifying the LEDs flash temporarily. You should see blue, red, and green lights.
- 🔴 RED = The device is actively charging (solid), or fully charged (flashing).
- 🔵 BLUE = Satellite (GPS) signals are successfully transmitting.
- 🟢 GREEN = A connection to the GSM mobile network has been established.
If no lights appear, hold down the power/SOS button until the LEDs appear and then repeat steps 1-7.
If the problem is still unresolved, this could point to an internal issue that may require further escalation for technical support. If that is the case, please contact us by submitting a support ticket or emailing [email protected]