As the season gets underway an ATV, UTV and off-road vehicle owners take to the outdoors, the number one rule is that you have to keep track of your ride. (After all, there’s no 4-wheeling fun if you don’t have a rig to tackle it!) Whether you park next to a similar model, like to drive and hike, or simply want to prevent theft, a GPS tracker can help you enjoy a stress-free season. Even when unexpected events occur, you’ll be able to roll with the punches and keep your adventures full of fun rather than getting stuck in the mud.
For example, one summer afternoon a father and son went exploring new trails. With exploration came choices. That day, they found a diverging path. Since they were explorers it really wasn’t a choice to leave one path undiscovered. They split up and decided to meet on the other side of the fork. The father went down one; the son down the other.
Once on the other side, the father waited. And waited. No sign of his son. He tried to contact him by cell phone, but there was no service. At that point, he started to feel that dread—the sun would set soon and the camp was still a ways off. Then he remembered: His son’s ATV had a GPS tracker on it. With that realization, he pulled up his device and used it to pinpoint his son’s location—he had strayed off the route but was stopped. The father hooked back down the trail and quickly found his son, fast enough to make it back before nightfall and just in time for dinner.
This story shows a single situation where a GPS tracker would be useful but there are many others as well, from preventing theft to sharing your adventures with others.
Why GPS Trackers for ATVs and Off-Road Vehicles?
Of course, GPS trackers are more effective at keeping tabs on your equipment than just occasionally peeking out your window or tent flap or relying on the word of others. But it’s not the only reason to have one. Have you ever wondered how far you actually went or want to look back at a memorable trail to share with others? There are a lot of reasons to use GPS trackers—here are the ones we think are most important:
- Track Your Journey. One benefit of having an installed GPS tracker is that you can easily track your adventures. You can see on a display all of the turns and surprises you experienced on your journey and record them for memories or even to map new trails. And if you happen to get lost, well, it will help with that too.
- Know Your Location. Adding a GPS tracker like the Mobile 200 to your vehicle gives you the peace of mind of knowing right where your off-road vehicle is at all times. This keeps you from losing track of it if you want to take a jaunt into the woods for a bit or park it at the campsite while you take a nap. Not to mention, it also helps you keep track of any kids on a ride.
- Protect Your Investments. With the season comes fun rides and good memories, but unfortunately, the risk of theft can increase as well. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, an average of 20,000 ATVs are stolen each year. The size of your off-road toys can make them particularly susceptible and difficult to track down once taken. One way that you can protect your investments is with a GPS tracker like Logistimatic’s Road-Wired Tracker. Keep track of your vehicle so you can easily know where it is—whether you can’t remember if it’s buried in the garage or your storage unit or if you’re worried it’s disappeared for another reason. When you have GPS tracking, you never have to wonder, and you can use this info to contact law enforcement and keep your investments safe and secure.
These are just a few of the situations where a GPS tracker is helpful, but knowing how they help you is only half the issue. You also need to know what to look for in a GPS tracker for your off-road adventures.
Choosing the Right Tracker
Do you want a GPS tracker yet? Good. It’s important to have a reliable and easy-to-use GPS tracker. There are the basics of what to look for in a good GPS tracker, but when you’re offroading it takes it to a whole new level. After all, you want to make sure your tracker can withstand the rigor of the trail. Here are the features to look for when you’re adding a GPS tracker to your off-road vehicles.
- Sturdy: If you are going to travel through some of the roughest terrain, you’ll need one of the sturdiest trackers. At Logistimatics, we test our hardware in all kinds of environments so that when you buy from us, you can be sure you’re getting a quality product that can endure the elements as well as you can. No matter where you choose to get your tracker, be sure it’s built and tested for the conditions it will encounter.
- Mobile Tracking: You don’t always have time to contact your GPS provider or have a computer on hand. It’s important that you can use your GPS tracker when you are out in the wild, and what better way than with your mobile device. The best bet is to choose a GPS tracker that you can connect to with an app on your phone or other mobile device—and make sure it’s compatible with your setup, whether Android or iOS.
- Affordable: You don’t want to break the budget on your GPS tracker when you are going out to explore. GPS trackers are available at a variety of price points, and it’s simply a matter of finding the feature set that matches your needs. Make sure to get the GPS tracker that best fits your situation.
- Easy to Use: The last thing you want to do when you’re headed out into the great outdoors is fiddle with your tech. Make sure the software included on the GPS tracker you choose is straightforward so it takes the guesswork out of tracking and saves you time and headache.
With that, you know why you need a tracker and what to look for in one. The only thing left is to…
Enjoy the Season
If you’ve decided you want a GPS tracker this season, please make sure to check out our many options. We pride ourselves on selling high-quality tracking hardware that is affordable and easy to use. Whatever you do, make sure to enjoy yourself and keep yourself and your property safe.
We sell high quality tracking hardware that is affordable and easy to use. The software included is straight forward, and takes the guess work out of tracking. We test our hardware in all kinds of environments so that when you buy from us, you can be sure you’re getting a quality product. With Logistimatics you can easily track from the web or with with your iOS or Android device.